Pumpkin Season Begins
As the leaves change colour and the nights draw in, pumpkin season has begun!
If you are a pumpkin and gourd aficionado you may want to pop into to see Paradise Park Garden Centre’s lovely display of pumpkins – beautifully grown, locally in Sussex.
Here are some information titbits about the varieties available:
- The delicious Crown Prince and unusually coloured Turk’s Turban are sweet and nutty – they also look great on your kitchen windowsill.
- Harlequin and Baby Bear have sweet flesh, great for frying.
- Kabocha are excellent roasted.
- There are large Goosebump pumpkins, or you could have a go drying and making your own instrument from a gourd (Kids – please ask for an adult’s help with this).
- If you wanted to be more adventurous, you could try the Italian recipe of Tortella di zucca http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tortelliless_di_zucca_63852 – excellent with parmesan and some salty butter – a lovely supper for an Autumn evening.
Comments are closed