We're pleased to stock an ever-growing variety of grafted vegetable plants, including tomatoes, aubergines, cucumbers and more. All varieties are now ready at all 3 Tates of Sussex Garden Centres.
More about grafted veg plants
You may be experienced in the world of grafting, or a newbie to the concept. In a nutshell – grafted varieties tend to be a lot more vigorous in growth, producing a much heavier crop in comparison to other standard varieties, with the same fine flavour and colour you would expect from homegrown veg.
What's so good about grafted veg plants?
Commercially the grafting method has been used for some time, but our carefully-selected range has been chosen, grafted and developed by the experts at Suttons for the home gardener, under carefully controlled conditions.
Early adopters of these grafted varieties have had extraordinary results, including:
- Big increases in yield from larger, more vigorous plants
- Earlier cropping, yet with sufficient vigour to crop well later in the season
- Grow in the greenhouse or outdoors – little or no heating required
- Excellent resistance to soil-borne pest and diseases – no more ring culture or grow bags – plant straight in the soil
- Greater tolerance to nutritional disorders
There is a possibility that your plant will include a grafting clip, if it does, this is an integral part of the grafting process and that it should be left in place. As the plant grows it will naturally shrug off the clip.
*Please remember that grafted tomatoes are not suitable for grow bags.